- Innovation Dropdown Toggle
- Services Dropdown Toggle
- Resources Dropdown Toggle
- Partners Dropdown Toggle
- News & Events
- About Dropdown Toggle
National Organization on Disability is Proud to Have Welcomed Thirteen New Members to Corporate Leadership Council in 2016
Jan 5, 2017
MORE THAN 40 COMPANIES NOW PARTNERING WITH NOD TO EXPAND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
NEW YORK (January 5, 2017) – In joining the National Organization on Disability (NOD) Corporate Leadership Council, prominent brands distinguish themselves as leaders in diversity and employers of choice for people with disabilities, while providing critical support for NOD’s mission to expand meaningful employment opportunities to the 20 million working aged Americans with disabilities. NOD President Carol Glazer is pleased to announce that 13 such companies joined the NOD Corporate Leadership Council in 2016, one of the largest classes of new members in NOD’s 35-year history.
The Corporate Leadership Council provides an opportunity for national and global business leaders to learn from NOD’s experts and corporate peers about leading practices and common challenges in disability employment – and to be recognized for their commitment to disability inclusion.
“NOD now proudly counts 43 companies as active members in our Corporate Leadership Council,” said Glazer. “The preeminent challenge before us, as an organization and a nation, is to ensure that people with disabilities enjoy full opportunity for employment, enterprise and earnings, and that employers know how to put their talents to work. These 13 new member companies, along with all NOD Corporate Leadership Council companies, are collaborating with NOD to help tackle that challenge. We thank them for their leadership and their support and look forward to working together with them in 2017 and beyond.”
New members in 2016 joined at both the President’s Circle and Corporate Circle levels.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Kaiser Permanente
- Johnson & Johnson
- Time Warner, Inc.
- Kiewit Corporation
- UnitedHealth Group
Glazer noted that NOD Corporate Leadership Council member companies receive numerous benefits, including:
- Exclusive access to NOD’s disability employment expertise via in-person events, online learning forums, and publications
- National recognition as a leader in disability employment through NOD communications channels and collaborative marketing opportunities, including speaking engagements and feature articles
- Unique access to C-level business executives and government leaders
- Complimentary 1:1 fast track consulting with NOD’s employment experts
- A dedicated Relationship Manager to discuss your company’s disability inclusion goals on a recurring basis and to connect you to NOD resources
- Members-only pricing for selected NOD Professional Services