Allied Disability Advocates Convene at Roundtable in Washington, D.C.
October 4, 2018 – The National Organization on Disability and allied disability organizations convened together for a Disability Employment Roundtable, chaired by Governor Tom Ridge. The Roundtable participants discussed current and pending legislation concerning the employment of people with disabilities and outlined an agenda for mutual action. By speaking with a united voice, the Roundtable participants aim to influence public policy to ensure equal opportunities, enterprise and earnings for America’s 57 million people with disabilities.
We are grateful to the Roundtable participants, including:
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Autism Speaks
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Judith Heumann, Disability rights activist, Senior Fellow at the Ford Foundation
- National Council on Disability (NCD)
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS)
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB)