Launching October 2018, this new, multimedia campaign will highlight people with disabilities as an untapped talent pool — and showcase our corporate partners as employers of choice and leaders in inclusion.
Learn More about the Campaign and Become a Partner
To learn more about about the campaign and become a partner, complete the web form below or contact Jesse Fryburg, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-571-1190.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this campaign and why are you launching it?
The NOD Look Closer Campaign will:
- Raise awareness of people with disabilities as an innovative and largely untapped talent pool amidst a national talent shortage
- Promote our corporate partners as employers of choice for people with disabilities and others who want to work for inclusive, forward-thinking companies
- Create opportunities for meaningful employment for people with disabilities, America’s largest diversity segment
WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY CONSIDER participating?
The world is changing, and so is your business. There are myriad benefits to hiring from and appealing to the disability community:
- People with disabilities make up a largely untapped talent pool of 29+ million, including nearly 5 million college graduates
- The disability community in United States represents a vast and growing consumer market, controlling over $544 billion in spending power
- Brand Value: 87% of consumers report that they prefer to patronize and support companies that employ people with disabilities over those that do not
- Disability inclusion in the workplace consistently creates an uptick in employee engagement at large and improved bottom-line performance
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Our corporate partners will receive a host of benefits as campaign sponsors, including:
- Positive brand visibility across traditional, digital, and social channels
- Creative assets for use internally, to boost employee engagement, and externally to burnish your company’s brand, including: print, video and social media content, PR toolkits, a campaign identity package, and more
- Promotion of your brand as an employer of choice and leader in workplace inclusion to increase your company’s appeal to quality candidates, boost employee retention, and build trust that encourages disability self-identification
- Goodwill through cause association and enhanced issue-related visibility
 PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY: LABOR FORCE CHARACTERISTICS — 2015 BLS; https://www.bls.gov/news.release/disabl.t01.htm
 The Return on Disability Company. “Sustainable Value Creation Through Disability The Global Economics of Disability Annual Report” http://returnondisability.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/The%20Global%20Economics%20of%20Disability%20-%202013%20Annual%20Report.pdf
 A national survey of consumer attitudes towards companies that hire people with disabilities https://askjan.org/landingpage/NILG2014/Siperstein%20Romano%20Marketing%20Study.pdf
 https://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/human-capital/articles/gaining-competitive-advantage-disability-inclusion.html ; https://www.i4cp.com/trendwatchers/2014/10/15/what-your-d-i-policy-is-missing-employing-people-with-intellectual-and-developmental-disabilities#.VD-EFUITNKk.twitter