NOD at 40 | Honoring the Past; Innovating the Future
2022 Leadership Council Annual Forum
September 29, 2022
101 Constitution Avenue, Washington D.C.
2:30 – 3:30 PM ET | Sponsor Reception
3:30 – 6:00 PM ET | Annual Forum
6:00 – 8:00 PM ET | Roof Terrace Reception and Awards
Join us as we celebrate 40 years of NOD and the accomplishments of the disability rights movement; explore the future being built by ADA Generation innovators; and celebrate our longtime chairman Governor Tom Ridge.
Emcee: Michael A. Smerconish, CNN and SiriusXM host.
Curb cuts, talking ATM machines, smartphones, accessible trains, and buses. When the National Organization on Disability was founded 40 years ago, none of these existed. People with disabilities were largely thought to be incapable of working, being educated, caring for ourselves, or becoming contributing members of society.
Much of that has changed since NOD was established in 1982, as one of America’s first “cross disability” organizations. NOD and our allies have been at the forefront of those changes, redefining disability and fighting for equal access to education, employment, transportation, and civic life. Much has been accomplished. So much more work still remains.
On September 29, we’ll gather together NOD Leadership Council members, other corporate partners, disability rights advocates, elected officials, senior officials of the Biden Administration, and friends and allies, to celebrate our 40th anniversary in the heart of our nation’s capital.
Honoring the Past; Innovating the Future
To mark this milestone in our history, we’ll look back at NOD’s evolution in parallel with the Disability Rights Movement and its intersection with other civil rights issues. We’ll look ahead with the ADA Generation innovators who are setting the course for the future. Plus, we’ll salute the extraordinary 17-year leadership of NOD Chairman Gov. Tom Ridge, who successfully worked to transform the organization in partnership with NOD President Carol Glazer. Finally, we’ll applaud the winners of the 2022 Leading Disability Employer Seal.
The Annual Forum remains our largest event where NOD Leadership Council members and corporate partners in disability workforce inclusion can learn from robust roundtable discussions, be inspired by keynote speakers, and network with visionaries and leaders.
The Venue: 101 Constitution Avenue
101 Constitution Avenue is the closest building to the U.S. Capitol, offering one-of-a-kind views of the Capitol and the National Mall. The rooftop terrace offers the perfect setting for special events and distinguished guests.
This event will draw over 300 diversity and inclusion leaders, comprised of NOD Leadership Council members and corporate partners, disability and civil rights leaders, advocates, allies and policymakers, plus special guests and featured speakers.
2:30 pm to 3:30 pm | Sponsor Reception + Photos
3:30 pm to 5:45 pm | Annual Forum
- Opening Remarks
- Keynote Address
- Dr. Anjali J. Forber-Pratt, Director of the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), Administration on Community Living
- Remarks By:
- Michele Buck, CEO, The Hershey Company (addressing by video)
- Chris Nassetta, CEO, Hilton (details being confirmed)
- Chris Scalia, Chief of Human Resources, The Hershey Company
- Honoring the Disability Rights Movement Over the Last 40 Years Roundtable | Take a deeper dive at the journey towards equality with leaders of the Disability Rights Movement and other civil rights movements, including:
- Moderator, I. King Jordan, President Emeritus, Gallaudet University
- Judy Heumann, Disability Rights Leader
- Marc H. Morial, President and CEO, the National Urban League
- Taryn Mackenzie Williams, Assistant Secretary for Office of Disability Employment Policy, U.S. Department of Labor
- Day Al-Mohamed, Disability Policy Director, White House Domestic Policy Council
- Focusing on the Future with Innovators of the ADA Generation Roundtable
- Moderator: Charles Catherine, Director of Corporate and Government Relations, NOD
- Xian Horn, Founder of Give Beauty Wings and Changeblazer, Disability Advocate, and ForbesWomen contributor
- Andrea Jennings, Accessibility and Disability Strategist, C [email protected]; Co-Founder of RAMPD – Recording Artists and Music Professionals with Disabilities
- Jessica Riestra, Youth Organizer, California Foundation on Independent Living Centers and YO! Disabled & Proud
- Ayelet Winer, Manager, Accessibility Resource Center at T-Mobile
- Petr Kucheryavyy, Senior Accessibility Manager, Charter Communications, also known through its Spectrum brand
6:00 – 8:00 PM ET | Roof Terrace Reception
- Michael A. Smerconish, CNN and SiriusXM host
- Celebrating 40 Years of NOD and Disability Rights History
- Invited: U.S. Senator Bob Casey
- Kenneth Roman, original NOD Board Director, former Chief Executive Officer, Ogilvy & Mather
- [email protected] Video
- 2022 Leading Disability Employers Awards: Luke Visconti, Founder and Chairman, DiversityInc; NOD Chairman
- Closing Remarks: Carol Glazer, President, NOD
- Music: Zak Sandler, Spotlight; and Inside My Head
- Networking + Photos
Become an Event Sponsor
Our corporate partners can earn valuable brand recognition wihle supporting NOD’s disability workplace inclusion mission. Click here to learn about the sponsorship levels and benefits available for the NOD Annual Forum.
Tickets + Registration
Tickets are now available to participate.
- Corporate Leadership Council Tickets: Members receive two complimentary tickets to participate. Additional tickets are available for purchase for $750 each. Click here to register your company’s participants and purchase additional tickets.
- Non-Member Tickets: Corporate rate is $750 each and non-profit rate is $75 each. Click here to purchase tickets.
Contact [email protected] if you need assistance.