Alan A. Reich and Conant Leadership Internships
The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is seeking two full-time summer interns with disabilities for the Alan A. Reich and Conant Leadership Intern positions. Our interns will take part in a paid 10-week, 40 hour work week internship, designed to help develop the skills needed to launch a successful career in a professional environment. Interns will gain hands-on experience assisting and leading live projects day-to-day, with a focus on both internal and external affairs. This opportunity is open to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students with disabilities of all majors.
The interns will support mission-critical activities, increasing engagement with corporate America around disability inclusion. Expect to work on multiple and varied projects at our high-paced office. Expect to be a stimulated and challenged. You will play a crucial role working alongside associates and management with responsibilities in outreach, data research, project management, and content development.
The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is a private, non-profit organization located in New York City that promotes the full participation and contributions of America’s 57 million people with disabilities. Today, the National Organization on Disability focuses on increasing employment opportunities for the 80-percent of working-age Americans with disabilities who are not employed.
To achieve this goal, NOD offers a suite of workforce solutions, tailored to meet leading companies’ talent needs. NOD has helped some of the world’s most recognized brands be more competitive in today’s global economy by building or enriching their disability inclusion programs.
- Support in the planning process of NOD’s September 2018 Corporate Leadership Council Annual Forum, with 200 corporate leaders across industry sectors
- Support Corporate Leadership Council webinars and development of 2019 Corporate Leadership Council agenda
- Administration of NOD’s CRM, eTapestry, to track engagement of corporate partners and prospective partners
- Research, review and report trends in the field
- Planning and execution of roundtable events, including: industry, regional, and targeted area
- Input and purge data and documents
- Make relevant posts to NOD’s social media platforms
- Assist with research of potential sponsors to expand our Corporate Leadership Council membership
- Provide administrative support for team members to ensure progress and organization.
- Additional projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled undergrad, grad, and doctoral students from all majors with a disability(ies) welcome to apply
- Strong academic credentials
- Passion and interest in advancing an inclusive workplace for people with disabilities helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, think critically, and problem solve under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to take ownership for projects and manage deadlines
- Demonstrated professional or academic research experience
- A high-degree of initiative, motivation, commitment to excellence, and attention to detail
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, solutions-oriented attitude fitting a small nonprofit organization
Please provide a resume and cover letter which outlines your skills and experience. Explain the skills and talent you will bring along with the impact you can make at NOD. Attach these documents in PDF format and email Margaret Ling at: email@example.com with the subject line: Reich/Conant Internship.
- Job Type: Internship
- Salary: $15.00 /hour
NOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOD cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.