From Our Partners: Senior Director, Accessibility for Charter Communications
NOD Corporate Leadership Council member Charter Communications is seeking a Senior Director of Accessibility:
Responsible for driving, launching, and refining Charter’s Accessibility products, features and standards. This leader will be passionate about leading Charter’s efforts to improve our experiences for customers with disabilities. The Sr. Director of Accessibility will not be satisfied just to meet accessibility legal requirements, but rather to design experiences that are useful and useable to all of our customers–design that considers the full range of human diversity with respect to ability, language, culture, gender, age and other forms of human difference.
Requires a competitive instinct and someone with an informed opinion that is deeply rooted in the Accesibility community.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Leads the Accessibility team.
- Works at the highest level of the organization to launch and manage highly rated Accessibility features and standards across the entire enterprise.
- Leads all planning, strategy and execution of efforts in the area of Accessibility.
- Builds effective partnerships and collaborates extensively with the Product, Development, Legal, Governmental Affairs, Marketing and Customer Care organizations.
- Works with Product owners to Develop and maintain the Accessibility roadmap.
- Builds and maintains strong relations with customer advocacy groups.
- Produces and analyzes reports measuring the performance of Accessibility efforts.
- Oversees project inputs to deliver against product functionality and timeline.
- Oversees development milestones, project timeline, budget and go-to-market activities.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge in Accessible technologies
- Strong knowledge of functional testing for people with various disabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically
- Conversational in HTML and front-end code languages
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop market forecasts for new products and services
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to manage and train cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Related Work Experience
- 10+ years experience in the area of Accessibility, Assistive Technologies and/or product management in a consumer services/product organization
- Experience in writing Accessibility requirements for customer-facing apps and user interfaces (not limited to online/mobile)
- Significant experience managing/training creative and technical teams to deliver high quality Accessibility features and standards in very aggressive timeframes
- Significant Experience of teaching and embedding best practice Accessibility processes into design, development and testing teams
- Demonstrated project management experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to respond quickly to changing market needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Office environment
- Travel as required
- View the job listing and apply online
- Email inquiries to Peter Brown, Vice President, Design, Charter Communications
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.