Membership Development Manager
The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the full participation of America’s 56 million people with disabilities in all aspects of life. NOD is a leader in helping corporate America transform their human capital policies, programs and practices to increase the hiring, engagement, development and retention of individuals with disabilities. While the quality of life for people with disabilities in this country has improved dramatically in the quarter of a century since the Americans with Disabilities Act, there is one critical exception: access to the workforce. The employment rate for working aged Americans with disabilities today is just 20%, virtually unchanged since the end of World War II.
Our work with our corporate partners is a critical part of achieving NOD’s mission by helping create the conditions where people with disabilities can succeed and thrive in the corporate world. We use what we learn through this work to raise awareness and ultimately change public opinion about the value of this untapped talent pool. Our services include our data-driven Disability Employment Tracker™, an assessment and benchmarking tool and a variety of advisory services designed to deliver solutions to meet our clients’ disability inclusion needs. Our Corporate Leadership Council brings employers together to learn from NOD experts and each other.
By changing practices of employers, building leading practices and market-shaping thought leadership, and establishing enduring relationships with the corporate world, we expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities across the U.S. and create impact on a broad scale.
The Membership Development Manager is a vital member of the NOD team, reporting directly to the Managing Director of Employer Services. The individual will cultivate NOD’s membership base, comprised of corporate partners, through the cultivation of new partners and by managing NOD’s overall pipeline. The Membership Development Manager will also be responsible for analyzing and reporting on member engagement data, and will also lead on other projects as requested.
The Membership Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying and qualifying new opportunities in NOD’s strategic market segments
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting new member relationships
- Proactively conducting business development activities
- Designing and implement a strategic business plan that expands NOD’s member base
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of new membership opportunities by segment and type
- Working with relationship managers, senior leadership team and others to secure meetings & present suitable proposals
- Generating membership revenue from these opportunities
- Tracking & reporting on activities and results according to agreed-on metrics
- Delivering exceptional results as a part of a team and independently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination of experience
- Must be committed to disability inclusion and advancement
- Demonstrated prior success in membership engagement and new business development (corporate and/or non-profit)
- 3+ years previous experience as a membership development manager, business development manager, or sales manager
- Entrepreneurial spirit focused on developing new relationships and revenue streams
- Possess strong business relationships/contacts network
- Demonstrated ability and experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Goal/metrics oriented, results-driven, and accountable
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team player
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- A positive and adaptable self-starter with a desire to exceed expectations
Please send applications and a letter of interest to email@example.com. Compensation commensurate with experience; benefits are competitive.
The National Organization on Disability provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.