Online Marketing Specialist
The Online Marketing Specialist is instrumental in raising unrestricted revenue on behalf of the organization and will report to the Director of External Affairs and Director of Sales. He/she/they will work closely with the Sales & Marketing staff to manage marketing calendars and campaigns; create and execute online marketing strategy across audience-facing channels (email, web, social, advertising); and develop, write, build and deploy marketing efforts across channels in collaboration with NOD staff & consultants. The position works closely with staff to support the development and execution of NOD’s Leadership Council growth projections.
This position will focus on website management, visual storytelling, social media development and management, email marketing campaigns and database management. To excel in this role, a candidate should have a passion for civil rights issues, collaborative style, a highly developed design and content skill set, fluency in technology and marketing software integrations, as well the ability to manage creative workflows in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop and produce content across platforms
- Support NOD events, webinars and speaking engagements related communications, marketing, branding in order to increase attendance
- Review, manage and update NOD website to be reflective of evolving values and practices in our field: high priority on intersectionality with race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc.
- Develop engaging online content including videos and graphics
- Share creative ideas and present findings
- Integrate content into digital platforms
- Work with NOD staff to design branded sales and marketing materials including sales collateral, social media graphics, flyers, PowerPoint presentations and more
- Manages integration between Salesforce CMS database and targeted media products and their respective software
- Collaborates with sales and marketing team to understand NOD services, mission and communication needs
- Gathers metrics and evaluates success of campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experienced full-time marketing career for a consistent 3 years, with a focus on content writing, branding, advertisement, and digital strategy
- Ability to handle the pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Must have creative thinking abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently; willingness to learn and take initiative
- Execute and deploy holistic digital marketing campaigns, including planning, creation of ad content and assets, development of landing pages and targeted emails, with attention to seamless integration with Salesforce database
- Using content an digital marketing strategies to generate sales leads
- Must be proficient in WordPress and HTML/CSS, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), database management (Salesforce preferred), various media software and their integrations with other digital applications (Mailchimp, Sprout, Zoom, etc.)
- Has knowledge/experience in: Video production, search and social media marketing, SEO optimization, metrics monitoring and assessment, graphic/web design, content creation and marketing, A/B testing and site optimization
- Organic site traffic
- Optimizing efforts increase conversion
- Paid efforts including digital advertisements
- Email marketing platform tools
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Web Site Design, Marketing, Advertising, or related field or combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of marketing & communications design experience
- Experience in social justice, civil rights marketing/communications highly desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter which outlines your skills and experience to [email protected].
If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the internship selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
The National Organization on Disability provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.