As one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies, Anthem seeks to attract the best talent to help us achieve our mission to improve lives and communities with innovative solutions to simplify the healthcare experience.
Anthem offers multiple career opportunities for those with a passion for improving access to care and services for the people we serve — so they can take care of their health and well-being. We are proud of a diverse workforce that reflects and understands peoples’ health care and service needs and believe that disability-competent organizations are better for all associates and consumers.
Because diversity matters to us, Anthem fosters a culture of inclusion where different backgrounds, perspectives, talents and life experiences come together to create innovative products and services centered on the needs and expectations of the individuals and families who rely on us, and a culture where all associates can achieve their career goals while transforming health care with trusted and caring solutions.
Inclusion Programs and Goals
In our journey to becoming an inclusive organization, Anthem engages with people with disabilities and partners with our associate resource group ABLE, advocacy organizations and advocates/stakeholders to influence our culture and implement processes and practices that help us recruit and retain people with disabilities, including:
- All associate education about disability literacy, the ADA, the Independent Living Philosophy, Principles of Self-Determination and inclusive hiring best practices.
- Inclusive Internship track for undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities to experience a paid summer internship
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month enterprise-wide events to raise acceptance, increase pipeline of job seekers with disabilities, and build community partnerships.
- Project SEARCH host site with an almost 90% hire rate for the graduates
- Engagement of associates with disabilities and family members through ABLE ARG and other strategic initiatives.
- A dedicated Diversity Pipeline Strategist leading the sourcing and recruitment of people with disabilities.