DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT HIRING
In NOD’s last Harris Survey of employers, nearly four in ten reported difficulty finding qualified candidates with disabilities. Starting in a pilot site, the National Organization on Disability will help you develop a program to recruit and retain job candidates with disabilities and develop the relationships needed to build an ongoing pipeline of talent.
The engagement begins with an assessment of the site – including job descriptions, policies, hiring practices, work processes and site accessibility and accommodation requirements. With that baseline, NOD experts help you to:
- Set hiring targets
- Distinguish quality partners among a fragmented landscape of local agencies, using our Disability Employment Service Provider Selection Protocol
- Train managers, recruiters and other players on disability employment awareness
- Ensure sustainable success, through ongoing support and results tracking
- Effectively recruit a dedicated workforce, known for strong performance and low absenteeism. A Rutgers University evaluation found NOD to demonstrate “the greatest success in job placement” when compared to other employment programs
- Increase employee engagement across the broader workforce
- Reduce risk of compliance violations with U.S. Labor Department regulations for federal contractors on hiring individuals with disabilities and protected veterans
Learn more in this case study of our work with Lowe’s.
For help with your Disability Employment Hiring Initiative, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org