In NOD’s Harris Survey of employers, nearly four in ten reported difficulty finding qualified candidates with disabilities. Starting in a pilot site, we will help you develop a program to recruit and retain job candidates with disabilities and develop the relationships needed to build an ongoing pipeline of talent.
A Hiring Support engagement begins with an assessment of the site – including job descriptions, policies, hiring practices, work processes and site accessibility and accommodation requirements. With that baseline, NOD experts help you to:
- Set hiring targets
- Distinguish quality partners among a fragmented landscape of local agencies, using our Disability Employment Service Provider Selection Protocol
- Train managers, recruiters and other players on disability employment awareness
- Ensure sustainable success, through ongoing support and results tracking
- Effectively recruit a dedicated workforce, known for strong performance and low absenteeism.
- Partner with the leaders: A Rutgers University evaluation found NOD to demonstrate “the greatest success in job placement” when compared to other employment programs
- Increase employee engagement across the broader workforce
- Reduce risk of compliance violations with U.S. Labor Department regulations for federal contractors on hiring individuals with disabilities and protected veterans